Tax Issues

International Tax Issues – FBAR, OVDP, FATCA & More

International Tax Attorneys In Fairfax, VA

The federal government’s taxation powers have grown far beyond our country’s borders. The attorneys at Frost & Associates can help protect your rights in international tax litigation matters, and can help safeguard your interests if you are a U.S. resident, U.S. citizen residing abroad, or have foreign bank accounts.

Foreign Bank Account Reporting Compliance

The IRS pays close attention to Foreign Bank Account Reporting compliance. If you have $10,000 or more in foreign bank accounts or overseas investments, you must file an FBAR to report the account(s). In addition, U.S. citizens must report all foreign income on their tax returns.

Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program

Taxpayers who have unreported foreign income and unreported foreign bank accounts may be eligible for the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP). In order to comply with OVDP amnesty terms, for the past eight tax years you must:

  • File all original and amended tax returns that report worldwide income
  • File all FBARs
  • Pay back taxes, interests and any penalties
No items found.
Talk with one of our attorneys today. Contact us by calling (571) 490-8269 or request a consultation.

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act

Beginning on July 1, 2014, foreign financial institutions are required to follow the terms of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). FATCA requires foreign financial institutions to provide the U.S. with annual information on U.S. account holders, including their names, addresses, and largest account balance of the year. International tax enforcement is clearly becoming a priority for the IRS, and it is important to get experienced legal advice on how FATCA may affect you.

Offshore Tax Issues

We have extensive experience handling a wide range of offshore tax issues, including:

  • Form 3520 Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
  • Form 5471 Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect To Certain Foreign Corporations
  • Form 8621 PFIC/Passive Foreign Investment Company Reporting
  • Form 8891 U.S. Information Return for Beneficiaries of Certain Canadian Registered Retirement Plans
  • Form 8938 Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets

Contact a Professional Today

If you are facing any number of US Tax Issues, including those listed above, or more, it is necessary that you speak with a n expert as soon as possible.  Contact a Northern Virginia Tax Attorney at Frost Law today for a free consultation.